The following is a list of additional changes being considered. There are in various stages of development or discussion.
- Partially defined and/or implemented
- Animate node that combines the function of TimeSensor, interpolators, and ROUTES to create a single node for keyframe animation
- Interpolate child node to handle all interpolation within Animate
- HTML panel where standard HTML can be displayed including all CSS features. This would more or less replace the TEXT node and associated functionality
- Node that generates gravity for Navigation. Perhaps this would be a change to Navigation instead.
- Mechanism to implement split-screen (L/R) stereo viewing. Needs a few parameters including interpupal distance, a mechanism to identify the stereo content. Perhaps something like
<StereoRender enabled='TRUE|FALSE' interpupiaryDistance='0.03' clipping...> <displayable content... Displays in mono when enabled='FALSE', stereo for 'TRUE' /> </StereoRender>
The following are being considered as changes to the XML encoding. Mostly these constructs do not have an equivalent in the other encodings
- Large blocks of data (e.g., MFVec3f) should be expressed as the content of child nodes of the parent. For example instead of <PositionInterpolator keyValue='...' /> the structure
<PositionInterpolator> <key>...</key> <keyValue>...</keyValue> </PositionInterpolator>
- The same would apply to all text string, especially those in MetadataString. This is even more important here because <![CDATA[ ... ]]> can be used to encapsulate all text.
- Do this for URLs so that multiple URLs don't need to be double-quoted (once as an attribute string, once for each value in the MFString)