Declaractive 3D Goals
Submitted by Leonard Daly on Mon, 09/14/2015 - 17:04
The current goals for this project were first posted on my blog. This forum is for discussion of that topic.
- Very long life to support physical objects with long lifespans (e.g., industrial & transportation facilities)
- Runs directly in browser without the need for plug-ins
- Not required to run in a browser
- Comptible with existing X3D V3.3 standard
Note that this does not require full backwards compatibility; but the ability to handle pre V4 content, perhaps with a converter.
- Allows for creation, storage, and use of content in a manner consistent with current and anticipated future practices
- Runs on as wide of variety as possible of devices capable of displaying 3D contenta
John Carlson (not verified)
Mon, 09/14/2015 - 17:51
Since Renderman, shading languages have been imperative in nature. Is it possible to have a declarative shading language? Would this be the same as a stylesheet language?